areas of practice
Andrew RussellOF COUNSEL
Andrew has over 17 years of litigation and trial experience relating to almost all areas of commercial disputes.
Mr. Russell’s primary practice has concentrated on litigation in the corporate arena, including merger and acquisition transactions, valuations of large energy producing/processing assets (i.e. energy plants and oil refineries) for tax and other purposes, complex insolvency cases, officer and director liability, corporate fraud, and other complex business matters.
Such matters involve litigation before federal, bankruptcy and state courts, administrative agencies, and domestic and international arbitration tribunals.
Andrew has significant experience in complex commercial litigation, international and domestic arbitration, ad valorem tax litigation, officer and director liability, corporate fraud, and insolvency litigation.
Admissions & Certifications
- Bar of Texas, United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts.
Honors & Recognitions
- Texas Rising Star (2006, 2007, 2008 and 2012) - Law & Politics Magazine and Texas Monthly
- J.D. Baylor University School of Law, 2002 (cum laude, third in class); Technical Editor of the Baylor Law Review; Team Captain, Baylor Moot Court State Administrative Law Competition; President of the Harvey M Richey Moot Court Society.
- Texas A&M University - Texarkana Campus, 1999 with B.S. with distinction.
- Astra Oil a Netherlands Corporation, against Petrobras Brazil and its subsidiaries regarding a dispute over the ownership and value of a Texas refinery in international arbitration and state and federal courts in Texas
- VarTec Telecom against Teleglobe international arbitration in Washington D.C. regarding the value of a subsidiary and certain indemnity rights
- Energy Future Holdings regarding the taxable value of six coal plants and one nuclear plant in Texas. Each were separate matters in various Texas counties and involved valuing the energy-producing assets for property tax purposes
- Wistron Taiwanese Corporation regarding breach of contract and fraud relating to the sale of cellular hardware
- American Airlines in a trial before an administrative tribunal regarding whether certain assets were exempt from sales and use tax
- ASCAP in a trial before an administrative tribunal regarding whether certain licenses were taxable under Texas law
- Microsoft regarding the taxable value of various data centers located in Texas
- Nestle Waters in various disputes relating to distribution rights and other contractual matters
- Sysco Foods in Adversary proceeding pending in Delaware Bankruptcy Court
- Hewlett Packard Financial Services in Adversary proceeding pending in Illinois Bankruptcy Court
- Tyler Technologies in several state courts and arbitrations regarding numerous technology issues relating to Tyler Technologies suite of services to state and local governmental entities
- Bank of America in various state and federal court proceedings regarding lending
- Citi Bank in various state and federal court proceedings regarding lending
- Fiduciary Consulting Firms in numerous pre-trial issues relating to business formation, anti-competition, and related issues