Roland “Rollie” SchaferPARTNER
ROLAND “ROLLIE” SCHAFER is an experienced litigator who has represented Fortune 500 companies in a variety of commercial disputes in state and federal court, as well as arbitration proceedings.
Recent matters include both the prosecution and defense of trade secret disputes, copyright disputes, complex contractual and partnership disputes (breaches of representations and warranties), fraud and other business torts. He is also well versed in the latest developments in electronic discovery, including the efficient management, collection and review of large scale ESI projects.
Mr. Schafer has represented oil & gas companies in various disputes concerning prospect development agreements, mineral interest ownership and joint operating agreements, as well as clients in real property matters, including eminent domain proceedings and pipeline easement disputes.
Finally, Mr. Schafer maintains an active insurance practice defending carriers and adjusting companies in lawsuits related to wind, hail and/or fire claims.
Admissions & Certifications
- State Bar of Texas (2006) U.S. District Court, Northern & Southern Districts of Texas
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Business Litigation Section (Section Chair, 2016)
Education & Background
- Oklahoma City University School of Law (J.D., 2006, summa cum laude)
- Oklahoma City University School of Law - Hatton Sumners Scholar, Moot Court Finalists, William J. Holloway American Inn of Court
- Trinity University (M.S.,1999)
- University of Oklahoma (B.S., 1997) - Mary Anne Price Merit Scholarship Winner Golden Key National Honor Society
Honors & Recognitions
- Super Lawyer’s Texas Rising Star (2016), Texas Monthly magazine (a Thomson Reuters service published in Texas Monthly)
- Fort Worth Business Press 40 under 40 (2014)
- Leadership Fort Worth, Leading Edge (2012)
- Camp Fire First Texas, Board of Directors
- Child Study Center, Board of Directors
- Colonial Country Club
- University of Oklahoma Alumni Association