STEVE LITKE uses his large law firm and in-house experience to provide legal services on a broad range of corporate and transactional matters. His diverse experiences gained over a legal career of more than twenty years have included advising public and private companies, private equity firms, medical practice groups, high net worth individuals, entrepreneurs, business owners and non-profit organizations in complex transactions as well as day-to-day business affairs.
Steve’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, entity formation, securities laws compliance, corporate finance, joint ventures, licensing, technology and other intellectual property transactions, commercial contracting and general corporate matters. His clients have included companies engaged in manufacturing, insurance, technology, healthcare, services and energy.
Steve began his career as a Staff Attorney with the Enforcement Division of the Securities and Exchange Commission. In addition to his legal practice, Steve served as an adjunct professor of Mergers and Acquisitions at Texas A&M University School of Law for three years.
Admissions & Certifications
- State Bar of Texas
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- J.D. University of Tulsa College of Law, 1996 (with honors); Production Editor of the Tulsa Law Review
- Texas Christian University – BBA (Accounting), 1990
Honors & Recognitions
- Recognized as a Top Attorney in 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011 by Fort Worth Texas Magazine
- Recognized as a Top Attorney in 2017 by 360 West Magazine
- Graduate, Leadership Fort Worth Class of 2008-2009
- Trustee, City of Fort Worth Employees’ Retirement Fund, 2017-present
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Life Fellow, Tarrant County Bar Foundation
Speeches & Publications
- Equity Crowdfunding for Texas Entrepreneurs and Small Businesses, Fort Worth Chapter of the Texas Society of CPAs Members’ CPE Day, June 20, 2017
- Benefit Corporations, TCU Entrepreneurship Club, February 27, 2017
- Reform Bill Impacts Investors, Investment Professionals, Fort Worth Business Press, August 2, 2010