Matt Stayton is a proven appellate lawyer, litigator, and counselor. He has argued cases in the Supreme Court of Texas and trial and appellate courts across the country. Mr. Stayton represents clients in a wide variety of matters—including complex commercial disputes, oil and gas litigation, and high stakes personal injury cases. His broad experience bridges the gap between success at trial and prevailing on appeal.
Mr. Stayton has been repeatedly recognized as a Super Lawyer and Rising Star by Texas Monthly magazine. He has handled over 70 reported appellate cases. Mr. Stayton previously served as the Chair of the Tarrant County Bar CLE and Appellate committees. He also served as an adjunct law professor in 2014.
- J.D. Texas Tech University School of Law, 2001
- B.A. Baylor University, 1997
Honors & Recognitions
- Texas Super Lawyer, Texas Monthly magazine, 2014-2020
- Rising Star, Texas Monthly magazine, 2009-2014
- Adjunct professor, Texas Tech University School of Law, 2014
- Chair, Tarrant County Bar Association, CLE committee, 2014-2015
- Chair, Tarrant County Bar Association, Appellate committee, 2012-2013
- Briefing Attorney/Law Clerk, Chief Justice Rex Davis, Tenth District Court of Appeals, 2001-2002