areas of practice
John Y. Bonds IIIFOUNDER
JOHN Y. BONDS, III is a founder of the Firm and now serves as a mentor to the Firm’s attorneys.
John spent his distinguished 40 year career representing institutional creditors, landlords and debtors in and out of Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases throughout the United States. He worked extensively in bankruptcy cases involving real estate, energy and healthcare representing debtors, creditors’ committees, secured creditors and unsecured creditors all over the United States.
John is a Master in the John Ford C. American Inn of Court where he currently serves as immediate Past-President, the State Bar of Texas Bankruptcy Section and is a Fellow in the Texas Bar Foundation.
Admissions & Certifications
- State Bar of Texas 1983
- University of Arkansas (with Honors) 1979
- University of Houston Law Center 1982
Professional Affliliations & Memberships
- State Bar of Texas (Bankruptcy Section)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- Bankruptcy Bar Section of the Tarrant County Bar Association
- John C. Ford American Inn of Court
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers in America (2012-present) (a publication of Woodward/White, Inc.)
- Texas Super Lawyers (2013-present) (a publication of Thomson Reuters)
- Fort Worth Magazine Top Lawyers (2008-present)