areas of practice
John Y. Bonds IIIPARTNER
JOHN Y. BONDS, III represents institutional creditors, landlords and debtors in and out of Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases throughout the United States. He has worked extensively in bankruptcy cases involving real estate, energy and healthcare representing debtors, creditors’ committees, secured creditors and unsecured creditors all over the United States.
Mr. Bonds is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for Arizona, the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit. He is licensed in Texas, having graduated from the University of Houston Law Center, where he was a member of the Houston Journal of International Law.
Mr. Bonds is a Master in the John Ford C. American Inn of Court where he currently serves as immediate Past-President, the State Bar of Texas Bankruptcy Section and is a Fellow in the Texas Bar Foundation.
Recent significant matters in which Mr. Bonds has been involved and represented major parties include Duer Wagner III Oil & Gas, LP; Duer Wagner III & Partners, LLC; Preferred Care Inc.; Senior Care Centers, LLC; Corona Care Convalescent Corporation; Mariner Post-Acute Network, Inc.; Pleasant Care Corporation; Mac Churchill, Inc.; Mr. Gatti’s Pizza; Mirant Corporation; Luminex Corporation; Texas Rangers Baseball Partners; Forest Park Medical Center at Fort Worth, LLC and Privia Medical Group-North Texas.
Admissions & Certifications
- State Bar of Texas 1983
- University of Arkansas (with Honors) 1979
- University of Houston Law Center 1982
Professional Affliliations & Memberships
- State Bar of Texas (Bankruptcy Section)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- Bankruptcy Bar Section of the Tarrant County Bar Association
- John C. Ford American Inn of Court
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers in America (2012-present) (a publication of Woodward/White, Inc.)
- Texas Super Lawyers (2013-present) (a publication of Thomson Reuters)
- Fort Worth Magazine Top Lawyers (2008-present)
- AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell