areas of practice
Bryan Assink works in the Firm’s corporate bankruptcy and reorganization practice group. He has experience representing debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, trustees, and other constituents in all aspects of chapter 11 and chapter 7 bankruptcy cases.
Bryan’s experience spans a variety of industries, from healthcare, where he has experience representing skilled nursing facilities in chapter 11 reorganization proceedings, to the real estate, hospitality, and oil and gas industries. Bryan also has considerable experience in bankruptcy-related litigation, including the prosecution and defense of avoidance actions and discharge litigation brought under sections 523 and 727 of the Bankruptcy Code.
While in law school, Bryan was a member of the editorial board of the SMU International Law Review Association, where he served as an Associate Managing Editor and editor of the annual The Year in Review edition of The International Lawyer. Bryan was also a member of the Dean’s List and was a student member of the John C. Ford American Inn of Court.
Bryan is licensed to practice in Texas, having graduated cum laude from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law. He is admitted to practice before all Texas courts and the U.S. District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas.
Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2014)
- Associate Managing Editor, SMU International Law Review Association
- Dordt College (B.A. 2005)
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers
- State Bar of Texas (November 2014)
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
Speaking Engagements and Publications
"A Practitioner’s Guide to Rule 9011"
- Co-authored with Hon. D. Michael Lynn and presented at the 13th Annual Bankruptcy Bench Bar Conference, April 18, 2019, Austin, Texas
"How to File a Business Bankruptcy"
- Webcast presented through LawPractice CLE, October 2018
- Presented at the 14th Annual Consumer Bankruptcy Practice Conference sponsored by the University of Texas School of Law, Houston, Texas, on July 27, 2018