CHRISTIAN ELLIS has spent the last twenty-four years helping clients solve difficult and complex legal problems, both inside and outside the courtroom. Mr. Ellis’s clients come from a wide array of industries, including construction, oil and gas, manufacturing, real estate development, and the non-profit sector. He has successfully represented his clients in both state and federal courts and in arbitrations, having tried numerous cases to successful verdict and resolving hundreds of cases to the satisfaction of his clients.
Mr. Ellis practices general business litigation, contract formation and negotiation, dispute resolution, and problem solving for a wide array of clients with complex legal challenges. Mr. Ellis’s legal experience is vast, covering multiple areas of law in a large variety of industries and specialties and ranging in value from tens of thousands to tens of millions of dollars. He has litigated everything from the stickiness of race car decals to the collapse of buildings. Among his general business specialties are cases involving breach of contract, fraud, theft of trade secrets, misappropriation of confidential information, and negligence.
Within the construction arena, he represents owners, design professionals, general contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers in cases involving construction defects, design errors, delay claims, cost overruns, lien and bond claims, and bid disputes. He regularly drafts construction contracts for owners, contractors, and suppliers, and consults clients entering into construction contracts with upstream and downstream entities.
Mr. Ellis’s oil and gas experience includes representation of clients in production disputes, construction claims, EPC contract claims, claims involving pipelines, and mineral liens.
He has represented manufacturers involved in products liability claims, intellectual property claims, and theft of trade secrets. Mr. Ellis also represents numerous non-profits in a wide variety of matters, including non-profit strategies, construction, leases, and other issues facing these clients.
Admissions & Certifications
- State Bar of Texas (1998)
- U.S. District Courts, Northern, Southern, Eastern & Western Districts of Texas
Baylor University School of Law (J.D., 1998)
- Lead Articles Editor, Baylor Law Review
- Texas Christian University (B.B.A., 1995), cum laude with Departmental Honors in Business Management
Honors & Recognitions
- Super Lawyers, Texas Monthly magazine (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023) (a Thomson Reuters service published in Texas Monthly)
- America’s Top 100 “Bet-the-Company” Litigators for the State of Texas, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Top Attorney, 360 West magazine (2018, 2019, 2022)
- Top Attorney, Fort Worth, Texas magazine (2008-2017, 2020-2022)
- Texas Rising Stars, Texas Monthly magazine (2012 - 2013) (a Thomson Reuters service published in Texas Monthly)
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- TCU Honors College Board of Visitors (2012-present)
- Teen Court of Fort Worth, Inc (Board of Directors, 2006-present; President, 2007-2012)
- Covenant Classical School, Fort Worth, Texas (Board of Directors, 2012-present; Chair 2014-2020)
- Mercy Clinic of Fort Worth (Board of Directors, 2018-2022)
- Beta Upsilon Chi National Board of Directors (2014-present)
- Berkeley Place Association (Executive Committee, 2007-2015 President, 2011-2013)
- YMCA Camp Carter (Board of Managers, 2000-2004)
- State Bar of Texas (Construction Law Section, 2006 - present)
- Tarrant County Bar (Construction Law Section 2012 - present)
- Eldon Mahon Inn of Court