Robbie ClarkeSenior Associate
ROBBIE CLARKE focuses his practice on corporate and transactional matters as well as workouts, restructurings, and bankruptcies involving distressed companies and investors. He draws on his large law firm experience to represent individuals and companies of all sizes across a wide range of industries. He has advised companies on transactional matters in and out of court and has also represented creditors, committees, debtors, litigants, and purchasers of assets or companies in many different types of bankruptcies and restructurings. He has experience encompassing a wide variety of industries, including oil and gas, shipping, banking, finance, and healthcare.
Mr. Clarke has spent his career involved in large, complex matters representing companies and investors in Texas, Delaware, New York, and Virginia. He initially focused on representing large secured creditors and financial institutions in bankruptcy and reorganizations before transitioning to representing large companies or groups of creditors in significant chapter 11 reorganization cases and related transactional matters. More recently, he has also advised small and mid-size companies on corporate governance and other general corporate and transactional matters.
Experience and Highlights
- Represented a large maritime transportation services company in a Chapter 11 restructuring involving multiple asset sales and continuing post-bankruptcy operations.
- Represented manufacturing company in corporate debt refinancing.
- Represented an ad hoc group of lenders in the acquisition of a coal mining operation through Chapter 11.
- Represented an Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the chapter 11 proceedings of a Texas-based health care company.
- Represented an Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the chapter 11 proceedings of a leading national retailer.
- Washington & Lee University School of Law (J.D., 2011, magna cum laude)
- Washington & Lee University (B.A., 2006, magna cum laude)
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Vice Chair, Bankruptcy Bar Section of the Tarrant County Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- John C. Ford American Inn of Court
- State Bar of Texas (Bankruptcy Section)
- State Bars of Texas, Virginia, and the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas