Robbie ClarkeSenior Associate
ROBBIE CLARKE focuses his practice on corporate and transactional matters as well as workouts, restructurings, and bankruptcies involving distressed companies and investors. He draws on his large law firm experience to represent individuals and companies of all sizes across a wide range of industries. He has advised companies on transactional matters in and out of court and has also represented creditors, committees, debtors, litigants, and purchasers of assets or companies in many different types of bankruptcies and restructurings. He has experience encompassing a wide variety of industries, including oil and gas, shipping, banking, finance, and healthcare.
Robbie has spent his career involved in large, complex matters representing companies and investors in Texas, Delaware, New York, and Virginia. He has represented large secured creditors and financial institutions in bankruptcy and reorganizations as well as large companies or groups of creditors in significant chapter 11 reorganization cases and related transactional matters. He also advises small and mid-size companies on corporate governance and other general corporate and transactional matters. Robbie graduated magna cum laude and received the Thomas Carl Damewood Evidence Award for excellence in the area of evidence.
Robbie is committed to serving the needs of his clients not just in bankruptcy, but in all aspects of corporate reorganization. Some of his most rewarding cases involved helping both debtors and creditors through complex, distressed business situations outside of court.
In his spare time, Robbie enjoys spending time with his wife and two daughters, running, hiking, and reading.
Experience and Highlights
- Represented an oil and gas company in a successful Chapter 11 restructuring in the Fort Worth Division of the Northern District of Texas.
- Represented an electric co-operative in a Chapter 11 case in the Southern District of Texas.
- Represented a mineral lien holder in a Chapter 11 case in the District of Delaware.
- Represented a large maritime transportation services company in a Chapter 11 restructuring involving multiple asset sales and continuing post-bankruptcy operations.
- Represented an Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the chapter 11 proceedings of a Texas-based healthcare company.
- Represented manufacturing company in corporate debt refinancing.
- Washington & Lee University School of Law (J.D., 2011, magna cum laude)
- Washington & Lee University (B.A., 2006, magna cum laude)
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- State Bar of Texas (Bankruptcy Section)
- Member, Bankruptcy Bar Section of the Tarrant County Bar Association
- Member, John C. Ford American Inn of Court
- Rookie of the Year (2018), John C. Ford American Inn of Court
- Thomas Carl Damewood Evidence Award (2011), Washington & Lee University School of Law
- State Bars of Texas, Virginia, and the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas